Introduction and an explanation as to why the blog exists.

 Yohey! Welcome and thank you for checking out my blog. I wanted to write a little introduction to start things off. My name is Jiro and I'm a qualified TEFL teacher with a passion for anime, Eastern cinema, Japanese culture, manga, martial arts, metal and wrestling. 

This blog came about as a result of being unable to create the type of videos that I'm passionate about. Videos on Eastern cinema and television, particularly those from places such as Japan are constantly the recipient of copyright claims. In Japanese law, there is no such thing as fair use and thus, any video reviews from content creators get flagged almost immediately for copyright. I believe that is unfair as reviews can potentially bring more eyes to the subject discussed and therefore make it more profitable for the creator of the property. Reviewers never claim that the subject discussed is theirs. 

I also want to use this opportunity to introduce things that I love and appreciate to folks that might not of ever heard about them. This'll apply to things old and new, as I enjoy a LOT of stuff from multiple decades.

My apologies for the rant, I just wanted to state the reasoning behind starting this blog. This will be the place where I share my unfiltered thoughts on the things I am passionate about. Expect posts on a lot of cinema and television as well as music. This is my passion project and I can't wait to share the thoughts stored inside my brain with you all. If even just one person becomes a fan of this blog of mine, I'll be extremely happy. Hopefully, you'll discover some new things to enjoy from my writings. 

See you, Space Cowboy!

Jiro.

Comments